Why-Nerds are Becausable

Ever since I was a tiny kid my parents insisted on answering every little "Why" that came out of my mouth. It does not mean I could change their minds easily. They usually stuck with their decisions but at the same time they were open to explanations. That's how I became a Why-Nerd.


Nerds are everywhere. Some people are Computer Geeks, others are Movie Buffs, Fashionistas, Gymorexics, or Music Freaks, Workaholic Perfectionists, Corporate Tops and Intellectual Voyeurs.  A nerd would be extremely knowledgeable and  would keep high standards in his nerdy domain. Both knowledge and high standards come from practice and analysis.

A Why-Nerd is no different.  I might not know what am I doing or where am I going, but I always know why.
I don't know what is going to happen next, but once it happens I start looking for answers. I keep very high Becausabilty standards by asking "Why?" all the time.

Does it pay off? Sometimes. If you are buying a computer you could just give money to your Computer Geek friend and he'll pick the right one for you. You can ask him to explain his choice, but you will have a hard time understanding the answer. We all know Computer Nerds are not very good at talking with regular people. Same goes for other types of nerds, except one: Why-Nerds. Why-Nerds are Becausable because that's what they do all day. If you ask yourself and others "Why?" then you remember the answers and you are ready to share them with anyone who's curious enough.

But be careful: getting answers to your questions is very addictive. Curiosity kills cats and turns people into Why-Nerds.  Be warned. ( Why? )


I wrote this post to win a signed copy of Scott Ginsberg's book,  -ABLE. I like Scott's writing and wanted to own some of his handwriting on top of this cute animal:

Popular posts from this blog

Disney World

When I grow up I'll be a social worker

Junk talk is bad for you