Bye, WW


Hi Girls and boys.
I decided to leave the group again, this time for good. I really enjoyed the times when we were able to talk to each other about interesting stuff , such as love, life and the meaning of it all. I did not mind paying $10 a week for the privilege to do it.I was ok with the occasional product placements and mini-Tupperware parties that were added to the mix.

But unfortunately things changed. The space, the meeting, and the company changed. After all, the goal of a publicly traded company is to maximize shareholder value, whether the firm makes money selling cigarettes, barb wire or weight loss.

The meetings became a non-stop Tupperware Party. Instead of talking to each other we were watching to a never ending infomercial lightly seasoned with short human interest stories. I understand. The company has to make money, the leaders have to make their sales quota, the new tools need to be promoted and explained.

I understand, but  I don't want to pay $10 to be a butt in a seat during an hour long infomercial. I have better things to do with my time, my money and my life.

I wish you all good and happy life. Every week we were led to believe there is a direct correlation between happiness and 'staying at goal'. I beg to differ. I believe living good and happy life is a much more attainable goal. I don't need a perfect weight or a  perfect hairdo or a perfect partner to do that. You just need the right attitude. But watching infomercials does not get you there. Watching infomercials creates anxiety.
Anxiety is good for sales, but bad for happiness. Be happy. Love. Alex

Popular posts from this blog

Disney World

When I grow up I'll be a social worker

Junk talk is bad for you